Join or get Featured in our stories today...

Latest in Sports

Video of the day

LOVE SUCKS!

3 comments
We get a lot of stories, (okay let me try my best not to lie in this article) just enough for the next week and we read it and try and understand from the writer’s perspective before we edit the article. While trying to edit this article we couldn’t get rid of the condescending tone so we decided to be mean *smiles*.  We ran a commentary in italics and bracket along the article. Enjoy!



Hey there,
I'm Praise, (let me add the cliché) ‘this is not my real name though’ and I'm in 100 level. There is this girl that I really like and I wanted us to date. She, Seyi (again not real name), is also in 100 level and we were very good friends. I never thought she was dating someone and she never talked about it. I recently found out through someone else, and I will try and quote the person verbatim- “she's involved with a guy and the guy is not someone you can compete with” (can you imagine? She had the audacity and the effrontery to be involved with someone without telling me, Issorait!). Then I started thinking, what does the guy beat me with? Was it money? (Of course that was the first thing that came to my mind, all girls like money you know). That's a NO, I've been asking people around her and the constant reply is that he is a common person (Jesus is Lord! A common person! Issorait). He might be more handsome than me, that I can agree to, I know I’m not that handsome (hehehe). I decided to ask her about the guy and the relationship and she said – “the relationship is not so certain yet or stable”. I tried to inquire further, and she shot me down saying – that's all she can tell me for now. It actually does hurt because, I really, really, really, like her (awwwn!) and I've told her about it, but she outrightly rejected me. That kept me down for some days, not like I'm totally over it but doesn’t hurt like before. Normally, when we see each other in class, we always had a topic to talk about or we’ll just make jest of one thing or the other, but now, we avoid each other and it’s becoming pretty obvious.
I bought her a wristwatch (Oshey! Money bag) and made sure it was her best colour as her birthday gift but I couldn't summon the courage to give her myself for some reason not known to even me LOL (chicken). The girl I gave to give her, said it unknowingly “wow! This is beautiful, how I wish its mine, no girl won't like this” (sharp girl don find maga). When she eventually deemed it fit to thank me was after I messaged her, which I don't do again like before. I know she really liked it, because when we eventually saw each other, she kept on saying “thank you” repeatedly, that made me smile. I hope she wears the wristwatch always she doesn't have one presently though. Seeing that on her wrist will still force a smile out of me and it'll still give me hope that one day, she'll see better things in who she rejected in the first place. If you luckily read this, I want you to know that I STILL LOVE YOU!
Praise the boy
First of all praise the Lord
Instead of chasing your 7 points…I still love you
Instead of you spending your time on books you are spending your money on woman
Lavish Spender
Bureau the Changer
Lover boy
Issokay!
Issokay!!
Issokay!!!

DISCLAIMER: Praise, we do not have anything against you if it comes across like that. It’s all just bants, it’s all love from our end and we appreciate the fact that you decided to share your story. We, the good folks of UISTT, sincerely hope that Seyi finally sees the good in you. Cheers to more money spending adventures with her!      

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

3 comments:

  1. Well, Praise move on, Concentrate on your books for now. If she comes around good but most times there is always someone else. Well unless you love her completely.

    ReplyDelete

Let us hear what you think.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

Pages

Popular Posts